According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, 2015 worst cities for allergies has been reported.
- Pollen scores (airborne grass/tree/weed
- pollen and mold spores)*
- Number of allergy medications used per patient
- Number of allergy specialists per patient
The value of compiling this list is to help guide a pollen sufferer to local, geographical areas that may provoke and worsen their seasonal symptoms, which impacts their quality of life. Immediate personalized treatments can include prescription medication combinations, mono-therapies, or long-term treatments.
|Looks like Allergena |
will be Selling a lot of
Zone 2 Soon!
For a complete list of the 2015 Worst Cities for Allergies View this PDFBeginning with Number 1
Jackson, Mississippi, scored 100/100,
2. Louisville, Kentucky, scored 98.34/100
3. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, scored 95.64/100
4. Memphis, Tennessee, scored 94.64/100,
5. Knoxville, Tennessee, scored 94.51/100,
6. McAllen, Texas, scored 89.56/100,
7. Wichita, Kansas, scored 86.43/100
8. Dayton, Ohio, scored 86.15/100,
9. Providence, Rhode Island, scored 86.06/100,
10. Richmond, Virginia, scored 85.79/100,
11. Little Rock, Arkansas, scored 85.46/100,
12. Tulsa, Oklahoma, scored 84.59/100
13. Baton Rouge, Louisiana, scored 84.3/100
14. Chattanooga, Tennessee, scored 83.91/100
15. New Orleans, Louisiana, scored 82.04/100,
16. Columbia, South Carolina, scored 81.25/100
17. Birmingham, Alabama, scored 80.29/100,
18. San Antonio, Texas, scored 79.17/100
19. Dallas, Texas, scored 79/100
20. Syracuse, New York, scored 78.97/100
Here are a few Survival Tips:
- Learn your allergies: Which trees, weeds and grass pollen are you allergic to.
- Wear cotton: Synthetics cause static and pollen to stick to your clothing
- Exercise early, or exercise late: Pollen counts are lowest before dawn and in the early evening.
- Immunotherapy: Drops are easy on your body and the effects are long lasting.
- Keep your home clean. There’s a reason for the term “spring cleaning.”
- Eat the right foods. Certain foods naturally have ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties that can help combat allergies. Munch on apples, broccoli and foods high in omega-3 fatty acids (certain fish, like salmon, and nuts), or consider adding more garlic and the spice turmeric to your cooking. Yogurt can also help by improving digestion and making your immune system more effective.
Information gathered in part from The Weather Channel